12/25/2010

Looking For a Job - Become the 1 Out of 100,000

I could not believe my ears when I heard that Delta had an opening for 1000 new flight attendants. 1000 new employees! That in itself is pretty incredible... but as the story continued, I learned that 100,000 people actually applied. 100,000!!! If you don't think our nation is on the brink of a turning point, think again. The fact that 100,000 people applied for a job that could only take 1000 is mind boggling. As a country, we have absolutely gotten away from the one thing that we were founded on to begin with, small businesses. We have been trained to "work for the man" instead of trained on how to create something from nothing. Can you imagine what our world would look like if we stopped being copy cats and started actually pushing ourselves enough to see what we were actually made of?! Can you imagine what we as individuals would look like if we were able to get up each morning and do what we loved instead of doing what we had to do?! That's why I am so stinking passionate about entrepreneurship!!! It is one of the most amazing ways to prove to yourself that, YES, I CAN! Sure, it's not always easy. Sure, some days are longer than others, more stressful than others, and require more responsibility than others but in my opinion, it's better then the alternative.

One lady who had applied for a position with Delta was quoted, "I realized that I didn't want to work a 9 to 5 job". Here, Here! I agree. I don't want that either. I want to experience freedom. I want to see what I am really made of. I want to create something from nothing. I want to be a part of something bigger. What do you want?! Don't be one of the 100,000 that is applying for 1 of the 1000 positions at Delta. Be one of the few who decides to take him or herself on and decides to do something about their own future. YOU have everything you need on the inside of you to be successful, when are you going to realize that?! YOU are the only you in this entire world who can do what you do, when are you going to see that? YOU can actually make the "impossible" possible in your life, when are you going to believe that?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger